Sunday, October 5, 2008

MONDAY-6 OCTOBER 2008- HAVE FAITH IN BN, RAYMOND TELLS SUPPORTERS

Have faith in BN, Raymond tells supporters

KOTA KINABALU:

Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Raymond Tan has assured his supporters that the Barisan Nasional (BN) will not abandon them. Raymond said he had informed his supporters to stay with him and BN as he is confident that the Coalition would not throw them out on the streets. “I told them look, you have been very supportive of BN and BN will not let you down,” he said adding that he sometimes describes their predicament as being orphans’ because they are now partyless. “Some of them have told me that we are like the street kids but even the street kids are provided for by the Government,” he said. Raymond, who has met at the KKIA yesterday while sending off Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, said his hope now lies with the BN and added, “the support and the stand that we have made is all because people believe in BN. If you don’t then you should be taking that same flight together with SAPP. “Since these people have faith and believe in BN, I think BN has to do something to protect the people, to keep them and to basically support them,” he pointed out. When asked to comment his statement made in Sandakan that he and his supporters will have a new ‘house’ soon, Raymond said he was not the only victim when SAPP decided to pull out from he BN. “They are the victims too so as their leader, I have to assure them that I will find a home for them. The only thing is to give me a bit of time to decide on the home that would be in their best interest,” he said. “I am not forcing anybody. They are telling me that they would continue to be with me, and in my many years in politics that is the only thing that keeps me very happy,” he said, adding that because of this loyalty, he wants to fmd a ‘home’ where everybody will be happy.