Cockroach shock for Information Director
A simple meal ordered from a nearby Indian Muslim restaurant yesterday morning has left Selangor Information Director, Saptuyah Senson, with a bitter taste in her mouth when she found a cockroach in her food. Recounting the incident, she said she had asked her personal assistant to buy murtabak (a type of pancake) from the restaurant but found a baby cockroach after a few bites. “I found the cockroach while I was separating the onion slices from my murtabak. Imagine my shock when I saw the pest with one of its legs gone. “I think I may have eaten its leg and I immediately vomitted. I brought the murtabak back to the restaurant for an explanation, but a worker there had the cheek to say that the cockroach must have been from my office and not the food,” she told reporters when met at the restaurant. Saptuyah, 53, said she went into the restaurant’s store room and found more than 10 cockroaches crawling on sacks of flour and onions, despite the eatery being graded Category A (excellent) for cleanliness.